Hi, Wolf Pack! This newsletter will go out approximately every other Wednesday. It is written primarily by parent SAPSA volunteers, and provides information about different things that are going on at school!
We're so happy to welcome back students, and to welcome so many wonderful new students to our school! We're really glad you're here.
We hope your kiddos had a good first day (and didn't melt!), and we're excited to be a part of this wonderful community together this year.
Thanks to everyone who came out in the heat to 'chalk the walk' with encouraging messages ahead of the first day of school!
- Thursday, Sept 7th - First Day of School for preschoolers and kinders - Kindergarten Coffee and Donuts: The parent/guardian organization, SAPSA, is sponsoring a coffee and donut meet up outside the kindergarten doors on Thursday, September 7th after drop off (7:30 am). Come meet other kindergarten families and learn about ways to get involved in the SAP school community!
- Tuesday, September 12 - Advisory Council and SAPSA meetings - All are welcome! Please join us!
Advisory Council Meeting 5:30-6:30pm in the school library
SAPSA Meeting 6:30-7:30pm in the school library
7:30pm - Fall Festival Planning meeting
In the library or via Zoom link: https://us04web.zoom.us/j/75651981520?pwd=flabprgb8DHBS1cGrt96ZVghO3s2a5.1
More info below!
- Saturday, September 23 - 9am-11am - Grounds Clean Up - Meet other families while we work together to spruce up the green space around the school! More info below.
- Monday, September 25 - No School - Teacher Professional Day
- Thursday, September 28 - Curriculum Night - More info coming soon
- Friday, October 13 - Fall Festival!
Volunteer for a SAPSA Committee!
Events sponsored by SAPSA throughout the year are not possible without the participation and volunteering efforts of parents and caregivers like you. Join a planning committee for the MANY fundraising and community events happening this school year! Check them out and sign up HERE.
Two new designs are available online in multiple colors so you can rep your favorite elementary school! Both t-shirts and hoodies are available for both youth and adults, Buy online or look for in-person sales at school events! Check it out HERE.
Spirit Wear, including our SAP hijabs, will also be for sale at many school events!
Teacher's Lounge Restock
Let’s start our AMAZING teachers off right with a restock of the teacher’s lounge! Click this link or scan the QR code to see what items are needed and drop them off in the office. Sign up HERE.
Fall Bulb Sale
Buy bulbs to plant this fall and enjoy next spring while supporting our school! Shop online. Orders will ship directly to your home. This could also make a great gift for friends and family who live elsewhere. SAP Elementary receives 50% of all sales! Check out the sale HERE.
Fall Festival Planning Meeting - join us!
Our Fall Festival is scheduled for the evening of Friday, October 13th, 2023! This is a super fun community event, and a fundraiser we depend on to supply resources for our kids.
Our planning committee meeting will be held on Tuesday, September 12th, at 7:30pm in-person at the library and virtually via Zoom. Even if you have not signed up for the Fall Festival committee it’s not too late to join! Is there an activity you would really like to see at the Festival? Such as a Scarecrow garden? Come help us make it happen! We need people to help plan the event and organize the activities. If you cannot attend but want to be involved, please reach out to JoAnna Justiniano at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 756 5198 1520
Grounds Clean Up
Please come join your fellow Parents/guardians/neighbors in cleaning up the school grounds on
Saturday, September 23rd from 9am – 11am!
We will be picking up garbage and weeding the gardens.
- Bring your gardening gloves
- Spades, small shovels
- Yard waste bags
- Garbage bags
- Water bottles for hydration
Little helpers are also welcome, and there will be donuts! :)
Other Community Events
What's for lunch in September?
We like breakfast too!
Have a great week, Wolf Pack!
If you have suggestions for content or questions about anything in the Wolf Pack Press, please reach out to email@example.com